Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2011

All Summer in a Day Essay


             A national study by University of Virginia in 2003 found that 29.9% percent of students are involved in bullying either as a bully, a victim or both a bully and a victim. Bulling is the act of intimidating a weaker person to make them do something.   The short story”All Summer in a Day”, by Ray Bradbury, teaches a person that bulling has an effect on that person’s life.
When a person is physically bullied they have physical and emotion pain.  The short story “All summer in a day” relates to “Deep water” because both had victims that were emotionally bullied.  The main character in deep water got thrown into the water and almost drowned. He had a fear of water for many years.
Bullying affects many people in the United States every day.   According to bullyonline.org you may have constant high levels of stress, loss of self confidence, poor concentration and depression if you have been bullied.  These are common symptoms of someone have been bullied multiple times.
When I was in elementary school I was bullied about my hearing aids.  From fourth to sixth grade, I was teased when I wore my hearing aids.  When I wore my hearing aids I was called a lot6 of names I didn’t like.  I was called lot names one was “hearing aid boy” that made me angry.  This related to the story because he was bullied and so was I.
             All summer in a Day teaches people that bulling is a problem that has to be addressed.   If the problem is not addressed there may be more bullies or more people who have no friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment